The Dead Area
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is closed, and the dead keep it that way.- Hero

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coach Shoes froze over

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chanelbags31

Coach Shoes froze over Empty
PostSubject: Coach Shoes froze over   Coach Shoes froze over Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:52 pm

One night in the beginning of winter,Gucci Shoes before the pond froze over,about nine o'clock, I was startled by the loud honking of a goose, and, stepping to the door, heard the sound of their wings like a tempest in the woods as they flew low over my house.In the course of the winter I threw out half a bushel of ears of sweet corn, which had not got ripe, on to the snow-crust by my door, and was amused by watching the motions of the various animals which were baited by it.
In dark winter mornings, or in short winter afternoons, I sometimes heard a pack of hounds threading all the woods with hounding cry and yelp, unable to resist the instinct of the chase, and the note of the hunting-horn at intervals,Prada Sunglasses proving that man was in the rear.That evening a Weston squire came to the Concord hunter's cottage to inquire for his hounds, and told how for a week they had been hunting on their own account from Weston woods.
I remember well one gaunt Nimrod who would catch up a leaf by the roadside and play a strain on it wilder and more melodious, if my memory serves me, than any hunting-horn.They used to come round my door at dusk to nibble the potato parings which I had thrown out, and were so nearly the color of the ground that they could hardly be distinguished when still.Do you think I am ever caught napping at such an hour, and that I have not got Burberry Handbags lungs and a larynx as well as yourself?
Back to top Go down

Coach Shoes froze over
Page 1 of 1