The Dead Area
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is closed, and the dead keep it that way.- Hero

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Journal of The Nerevarine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sorith

Sorith

Journal of The Nerevarine Empty
PostSubject: Journal of The Nerevarine   Journal of The Nerevarine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:16 pm

This is fanfic based on The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind by Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax. This is a journal I made for my character, Thane Vorzak, a Khajiit Rogue using the TES construction Set. I hope you like his narration. You can just use the TES wiki if you'd like to inquire about some of his vocabulary. There will be more as my save file progresses.

[This is the story of Thane Vorzak, A Khajiiti Nerevarine]

Thane's Journal

Day 1
I have no idea what time it is.
Or why I'm being moved in this rickety, armored carriage.
God, I'm so confused.
Word is from the guards that I'm destined to Morrowind. It's not far from Elsweyr, and I heard that border skirmishes between Khajiit and Dark Elves. My people are enslaved there.
I know that I'll do whatever I can to ease the pains and blackness of slavery for my feline brethren.
The Tamrielic script was hard to learn, but I've got it. Father always said I had a natural knack for writing and reading.
God, I miss them so much. I pray to Auri-El that they're alright. Auri-El, right? Or Akatosh? I can barely tell.
The ride was bumpy-the boat.
But we made it.
I've been classified as a rogue. I hope on my life that they're right. I have a feeling that I'm going to see a LOT of combat very soon.

Thane

Entry 2

I have been shellshocked by recent events.
I shall recount them here.
I geared up and sold some wares, giving me considerable funds. I ate only when neccesary, to conserve my drakes. I was advised by a High Elf peasant named Eldafire about the Addamasartus Caverns, a smuggler hideout near Seyda Neen.

I entered the Addamasartus.

Immediately I was attacked by a smuggler and I drew my long sparksword, attacking her. With her loss of three fingers and a vital organ, and a small cut on my chest, she fell dead. I continued on, meeting the ringleader. His fire spells singed my fur, but I cut off one of his arms and he fell twitching from the lightning. As I moved on, I saw him lie still. At last, I saw an old Dunmer. Perhaps their mentor. I...

She was cut in half.

Her chitin stars did little against my Rogue's armor, and I am glad, but afraid.

Is combat always this gory? Back at home, I learned to swing a sword, but not to hear it 'thwack' against flesh, to cut bone..

To hear the death cry of an enemy.

Moving on to a lighter subject, My stomach growls as I wirte this. Ah, poor thing, kept on by bread and regional liquor. An occasional kwama egg helps greatly, but I must conserve those delicacies. What I really long for is fish.
Back in Elsweyr, My family and I lived in a medium-sized cottage my father built near Greenhall. Often we would go to Greenhall for provisions we could not find in the forest. I remember, one day, I fished in a stream three miles or so from home. I brought back many fish, my Mother cooked them and it was a dinner I remember to this day. I shall procure fishing tools as soon as possible.

Balmora sincerely must have been the largest town I had ever seen.

I was told by some friendly peasants that it was the center of government for House Hlaalu, a governmental unit in Morrowind. Morrowind is apparantly split into three governing factions: Hlaalu-The silvertongued aristocracy, Redoran-The hardy interior settlers and Telvanni- The mysterious Mage-Lords. These Houses intrigue me and I will see if I may join one and become of governmental power.

Hah, listen to me. A Khajiit peasant dreaming of nobility. My Mother would have boxed my ears.

I was told to go to the home of the old sugar-tooth, Caius Cosades. Turns out the raisin was the Grand Spymaster of The Blades! The Blades are a special faction of the corrupted Septim Line-Elite soldiers, bodyguards and spies. Caius is a spymaster, I was ordered by the Emperor himself to join the blades.

So now I am a spy?

I must do what he askes, but I fear he does not like me.

He told me grudgingly that I could share his home, but his bed is a single, and I'm not letting him try anything.
So I'm keeping my reservation at the South Wall.

But perhaps I am being paranoid. Or perhaps I am being hungry. I'll head down to the Lucky Lockup for some grub.

Thane

Entry 3

Much has happened.

<BR>I have signed on with many guilds and services, as my funds were low. I signed on with the Fighter's Guild, The House Hlaalu, The Imperial Legion and the Imperial Cult.<BR>

A jack of all trades?

House Hlaalu, as I said before, is the perfect place for a rogue like myself, prone to the better things in life and sweet-talking political opponents. I am so lucky to be a well-spoken Khajiit, with an ordinary name by Imperial standards. Most of the other Khajiit settlers in Vvardvenfell I have encountered speak in broken Tamrielic, and in third person.<BR>

Astonishing.

I had traveled to Gnisis, quite inexperienced. I had been subject to imperial cruelty, but now the soldiers of the Deathshead Legion look upon me with kinship. They say that I am worthy of their trust.

After being subject to two missions in the impaired Eggmine that Gnisis lives upon-A small conspiracy concerning a land deed- Widow Vabdas' land was perfect opportunity for expansion, General Darius wanted to seize it. An Orc brute named Lugrub killed her husband. He was legion stuff. In a rather brutal battle of blades, Lugrub was hit by a awry lightning blast from a Kwama beast, stunned, and cleaved with my blade. I solved the conspiracy and was promoted. The other one, I fought my way through the throngs of Kwama beasts and cured the queen of a strange form of blight with a strange scroll named the Scroll Of Daedir's Blessing.

I am unfamiliar with magic.

I was then subject to Imperial drilling. My drillmaster was Optio Bologra, a half-orc with a temper.

He taught me the honorable skills of Athletics and Acrobatics.

In the end, I feel he was pleased with me. He said that I "Learn Gud."

After a small Fighter's guild quest, I undertook Blades' training. Caius taught me social skills, others taught me more ways of the rogue.

I feel so ready, so experienced. And also tired. Old. But I know I have much more to do.

I did Hasphat Antabolis' quest. He wanted me to go into the Dwemer ruins of Arkgnthand and find a puzzle cube. After killing a few bandits, I retrieved it and was promptly sent on another quest by Sharn Gra Muzgob. She requires a strange skull. All this for information.

Caius' form of teaching humility.

Thane

Entry 4

It is Frost Fall.

The air is cold on Azura's coast, but I am kept warm by the fire I write by.

I had done quests for a House Hlaalu agent in Vivec, earning me many drakes. She had sent me to negotiate with Zainabs, among other tasks. Zainabs are Ashlanders who live and hunt in the Grazelands. I am finding that Morrowind is increasingly hostile to the Northeast.

I was luckily able to head back to the holy city of Vivec from the Mages Guild transporter in Wolverine Hall, In Sadrith Mora. I reached there in a Nordic Sloop in the Telvanni port village of Vos.

From there, I took the insectoid silt strider back to Balmora, where I consulted with Caius. He told me to do more work, cover up my actions, train.

I feel that I am stronger. I am no longer a peasant. I am a warrior. The guards that walk before me in the towns used to inspire me in fear, but I know that I could best them in a fair contest of strength. I am becoming a champion.

So now I am tasked with finding the shipwreck Prelude to find a daedric Wasizahi. I hope I spelled it right.

A khajiit slave in Sadrith Mora refused my offer of freedom. It is strange how some can be in a predicament so terrible, they are to refuse help?

The empire is hypocritical on this matter. After the treaty with Vivec and the Septim, signing the Armistice-The Dunmer nation would become a province if they assisted the empire in joint conquests, they could keep their laws and houses in harmony with imperial rule.

Slavery was among ancient Dunmer tradition. They refuse to persecute and punish abolitionists, their practice being illegal.

They think all Khajiit are savages, but this is just another test of humility.

There are so many times I could have died giving into anger. I'm not going to give up now.

Thane
Back to top Go down

Journal of The Nerevarine
Page 1 of 1