The Dead Area
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is closed, and the dead keep it that way.- Hero

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fourdom Official Short

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HeroMaster
Admin
HeroMaster

Fourdom Official Short Empty
PostSubject: Fourdom Official Short   Fourdom Official Short Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:15 pm

I opened my eyes.
All I saw... White. Everywhere. Burning through my pupils like fire.
Then, as my eyes grew accustomed to this strange new lighting, I realized I had no idea where I was, much less who I was. I knew a few things, though, like what I was wearing. I had on a thin cotton black T-Shirt, a thick belt, and brown pants. I had a pair of boots on too, but other than that I had no knowledge of the contents of my pockets, or what condition I was in otherwise .
I was laying face forward, so I figured, because my hair was whipping across my face as if the wind were against the top of my forehead. I noted that my clothes stayed the same, and did not billow from the wind yet my hair did. Odd. I did not hear either, even my own breathing was perfectly silent.
Then something came to me, a number. It was sixteen, it's significance, I knew not of. Could it be my age? Was I really that young? I certainly felt that age, but when one does not remember their identity they can believe almost any "logical" theory. It might of been a code, or possibly the temperature today. Maybe even the date.
Did it matter? Because the once perfect white space in front of my eyes began to crinkle, black shadows dancing across the expanse as it folded into itself. I could hear the wind now, and it rang in my ears like a clock, fading in an out according to the seconds passing bye. My garments flopped about helplessly, like palm trees in a hurricane. The wind rushed past my face, making my cheeks burn. The once white infinity was crumbling, shrinking into itself.
I began formulating the reason for this in my mind. Could I be some sort of prisoner? This white nothingness my cell, and I was about to be released. Or some form of transportation, like a teleportation device. Was it a science experiment? Time travel? So many possibilities, such little evidence to support any of them. It couldn't possibly be a prison, as I was not in shackles. If it were transportation, this would be my exit. Could I tell whoever was controlling this "ride" to stop?
"Cut the power! Do something, LET ME OU-" I began screaming, alarmed as the whining noise increased beyond imagination. It wasn't just wind anymore, it was reality itself. Screaming in agony as it's very fabric was ripped apart. I turned my head upwards towards this wind, and saw the impossible.
It's quite something, seeing the impossible, even though I felt as if it were familiar. Everything I knew, however little, was instantly torn to shreds. Before me, and hurtling towards my very being, was something along the lines of a singularity. But that was out of the question, for if it were that I would of been strung out like spaghetti before snapping in half. Why I knew this, I knew not, but I appeared to know a lot about black holes and the cosmos themselves. "Cut a string, slip through before it's repaired." I echoed to myself the words of whom I didn't know, possibly myself or a colleague, as I appeared to be a scientist.
The whining noise subsided, and all that was left was the slight brush of wind against my body.
Then, nothing came again.

I awoke to find myself face first against a rough surface, and as I open my eyes it is revealed to be stone. I used what strength I could muster to push myself into a standing position, and stared at my surroundings.
I was in the middle of a cobblestone road, with a plethora of blue flowers lining one edge, and green on the other. The smell of them greeted my noise happily, mingling with the evergreens before settling in completely. The grass was almost perfect, as if a group of expert gardeners were hired to take continuous care of them. Each blade was pointing away from the path, as if purposefully avoiding it.
Beyond the grass, and the tall evergreens, were gigantic mountain ranges, each of them a light purplish color. They bore snow and trees, and the clouds contained their peaks. I had the urge to climb them, to explore this fantastical new world that seemed to belong only to me.
Then another thought struck me. Could I be dead? Was this heaven, or hell? Was it some form of limbo, purgatory? Or had I simply entered a place where those dead went, like Hades. It sure didn't seem like a hell, or much of a heaven. Maybe I was dreaming. But that's what everyone thought in cliché movies, right before they found out it was reality. So, of course, I could only conclude that this was not in fact, a dream.
I thought for a moment, and realized that standing in the middle of the pathway might not be much of a good idea. If someone were to come along, and not have the best interests in mind for whoever they happened to meet, I'd be in quite some amount of trouble. However, someone may also have mind enough to help me.
Confused with my seemingly No-Win scenario, I simply turned towards where one half of the pathway lead, and began walking.
An hour passed, maybe more, and I came upon a point where another pathway connected into a four-way crossing point, with a large patch of stone in the middle connection. The trees weren't as thick here, but there were plenty of bushes forming a square wall around them. Each one bore a different colored fruit, some were yellow, others green, and so many others I didn't know the names to. Each was shaped like and apple, giving it an alien appearance. I wanted to try one, but I couldn't tell if it were poisonous or not.
There was a rustling in the bushes, and I instinctively jumped into the closest patch of shrubbery. I got as comfortable as possible, and waited for whatever had been approaching the square. Sweat dripped down my neck as I crouched low.
A man carrying a sack emerged. It was a fairly large sack, and looked more like a blue tarp than a regular brown sack. The man looked like an Englishman, with his brown vest, coat, trousers, and round glasses atop his nose. His gray eyes sparkled under his mat of hair. He seemed rather nice, except for the grimace of pain he wore across his face.
He hobbled over to the middle of the square, probably because his cane was strapped to his side, and set down the bulging blue sack and laid the tarp open with it's contents still inside. Four egg-shaped objects rolled out, laid across the tarp in order. I crouched lower as the old man set to work on whatever he mission was.
When he was done, the tarp had been turned into a makeshift hammock, except slouching in the middle. It was held aloft by four sticks wedged in between the cobblestones, and the contents were now moving as well.
The man pushed himself off the ground, brushed himself off, and walked back into the bushes. I sat there, baffled at what had taken place. What had he done? Was it important? I should investigate. So I crawled out from my hiding place, getting up as I did so. What I saw resting inside the tarp surprised me, but not enough to make me do a double-take.
Huddled together were four small dragons, each the size of a large microwave. One was red, the other blue, another green, and the last one was a mix of oranges. They sat together, chattering away in a language I did not know. I wanted to help them, as they appeared to be helpless inside their prison.
However, when I stretched my arm out of release the four, my arm was blocked by some invisible force. This left me helpless to watch as they chattered about their situation. The only thing I could do was wait for something to happen.
I didn't have to wait long, as the green one looked up from her prison, and addressed me by what appeared to be my name.
"Hello, Wanderer. Could you please release us from our bonds?" She said, her voice sounded normal for a reptile. I nodded, taking the name to heart as I attempted to reach into the tarp again.
"Not like that, try the pillars." The green one said patiently, the other three staring as I gently reached down to remove two of the supports. As I did, the four spilled out and landed at my feat. The tarp vanished, and I stood in wonder as the four got up and surrounded me. "We thank you for releasing us, Traveler. We may rule here once again." The green one told me as they chattered to each other.
"Would you mind telling me who I am, and why I'm here?" I asked, feeling my voice quiver as I appeared the dragons were growing bigger as they walked around me. Before the green one answered, they stopped. Each one had her back turned towards a corner of the "Square" we were standing inside of.
"Well, you're obviously a Wanderer, as not many venture here. Your name is for you to decide, not us." The green dragon said, now the size of a van. "Now, it was rude of me not to introduce ourselves." She said, bending down to look me in the eyes. "We are the four queens of this realm, or at least, we were supposed to be. An evil man pretending to be our caretaker kidnapped up and formed a barrier around us so we could not rule together. Then you came along, and we thank you for that."
"So, you're all one spirit or something, but communicate through you?" I asked, slightly confused.
"We're actually separate beings, but I know every language spoken, as we each have different talents." She said, gesturing with her head to the others, still staring curiously at me.
"Aaah, yes, I have the connection." Another voice piped in, but it wasn't audible, more inside my head. Like I had actually thought it. Telepathy.
"That was her." Green said, pointing a shined claw at the blue dragon, who was standing triumphantly with a reptilian grin spread across her face.
"Well, thank you, but I'd like to go home now." I said, breathing in deeply. As each one stared at me.
"We know, but Wanderers are meant to fix things, just like you did. You must continue your venture, however, we will help." The green one said softly. I felt like I'd been shot in my heart. I wanted to go home, but if that had not been possible, to stay here with these four queens in whatever land this was called. They seemed so friendly, and might of been able to use a human like me. But alas, it was not so. I was destined to wander forever.
"Do not worry, if we need you, we will summon you. Besides, we'll be able to talk whenever you wish." Green said, smiling at him mischievously.
"Through me, of course. It takes a moment to establish a connection between two minds, but the bond stays forever." Came the Blue's voice again, and I stared longingly at the ground. The Green turned towards the Orange and Red, and began chattering in the dragon's language. The red one turned towards me, and stared.
I felt the ground shake, and two clumps of rocks sprung from either side of me. Each grew into a pillar, rounding off above my head to form a clumpy arch. I stepped back, watching as the Orange and Blue used whatever powers they had. A black space replaced the inside of the arch, and I stared at it for a moment. I could tell they were still there, behind it, waiting for me. I was a mere step away from leaving forever.
Why should I leave? I didn't want to, they obviously liked my company, and knew much of the Wanderers. But, I was like a child, I needed teaching, I had no identity.
But I did. I was a Wanderer, and I fixed things.
So I took the last step.
And there was Nothing.
Back to top Go down

Fourdom Official Short
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dead Area :: Roleplaying :: Tableside Tales-
Jump to: